Fast and Easy Rose Crochet Capelet
© 2005 Kathleen Watkins
To make this pattern you will use an N hook, a J hook and a Q hook and WW yarn (fluffy yarn works best.. this project was made with Patron’s Allure)
Work loosely throughout entire project.
Using Q hookMake a foundation Ch of 49. Turn
Rows: 1 – 25 sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each st to end. Ch 1 turn.
With N hook, go back up to the first row you worked, and using an N hook, join with sl st to one edge. Sc in each st along the top (48 sc). Don’t finish off. (this will give the neckline a smaller shape than the bottom edge.)
Fold the project in half and crochet TOGETHER 8 sts of sc down front edge of capelet.
Finish off, weave in loose ends.
1. With J hook, Ch 5, sl st in first ch st to form ring.
2. sc in ring, ch 4 (6 times)—You will have 6 loops
3. In each loop, sc, hdc, 2 dc, hdc, sc. – you will have 6 petals now.
4. Working BEHIND the petals you just made, around the BACK of the loops you made in row 2. Ch 6, sc around the back of the next loop. You will have 6 loops.
5. In each loop, sc, 2 hdc, 3dc, 2 hdc, sc—you now have 6 more petals behind the first row.
You can finish off at this point, or continue in the same manner to make larger roses.